Thursday, December 8, 2011

Conversations with Hyperhidrosis Sufferers

The first phase of the study on hyperhidrosis outcomes has been completed, with lots of lessons learnt. We had a chance of holding two online focus groups and interviewing at least 25 suffers. This was supplemented by an online survey questionnaire. In the end we collected information from at least 70 English speaking patients. Additionally collected information from at least 30 German hyperhidrosis suffers, through a postal survey. I am very pleased to be sharing our experiences over the coming weeks. We hope that our lessons will be valuable not only to hyperhidrosis suffers but also to doctors and researchers alike. Here are the upcoming article titles: I. Even breathing makes me sweat. II. Two irreconcilable worlds: doctors vs. patients. III. Sweating in silence and fighting for recognition IV. “My deepest longings”. V. "How the system failed me"

No comments:

Post a Comment